Let’s hit the ground running!
New school. New year. First things first. What does a new librarian need to do when she arrives on her first day at a new job?
- Meet the students! Come by the library anytime to introduce yourself. I will try to visit each class to say hello.
- Find out what books our library needs and start creating a list of books to order.
- Organize the books in the library.
- Enter all new books into the computer inventory.
- Learn as much as I can about the school’s culture. What books are the students talking about? What are their favorite subjects to learn about? What do the students do for fun when they aren’t at school?